With the climate change crisis constantly in the news at the moment, we’re all becoming more and more aware of how important it is to buy eco-friendly products and aim for plastic-free beauty.
When we founded Ethical Apothecary, we wanted to ensure clean beauty and an ethical lifestyle were at the heart of all we did. Which is why we’ve teamed up with our brand partner KiteNest for a fabulous competition that will see one lucky winner picking up £50 worth of plastic-free beauty products.
Why is plastic-free beauty so important?
The far-reaching impact plastic has on our planet is becoming a massive problem. It fills up landfill sites, pollutes the natural environment and has a significant impact on our oceans. So significant in fact, that many experts now warn at the current rate, by 2050 there will be as much plastic in the oceans as there are fish. It also never biodegrades. It simply breaks down into smaller and smaller pieces which enter our food chains and even into our water supplies – posting a detrimental effect on human health.
Even producing plastic is detrimental to the environment. More than 90% of plastic is produced from fossil fuels, increasing carbon emissions and contributing to global warming.
The real problems come with single-use plastics, such as plastic water bottles, packaging and grocery bags. Experts believe that around half of all plastic is single-use, and the majority of this does not get recycled. Even plastic that does get recycled has to go through an energy-intensive process, using large quantities of water.
A few small changes to the beauty products you choose can have a big impact. Take simple steps, like swapping your shampoo bottle to a shampoo bar, your regular plastic cotton buds to bamboo cotton buds, or your plastic toothbrush to a bamboo toothbrush.
Recognising the need to make plastic-free beauty and skincare affordable and accessible, KiteNest has worked hard to remove all plastics from their products, including their packaging. Now, an entirely zero-waste company, their products range from hair-wax, shampoo bars, salt scrubs and Organic Dry Shampoo
Win a plastic-free beauty bundle
Together with our brand partner KiteNest, we are giving away an amazing bundle of plastic-free beauty products worth a total of £50 including:
Scence Juniper Deodorant: We love the Scence soothing and softening juniper deodorant balm for every day use. Organic mango, illipe butters and essential oils, combined with baking soda to deodorise and arrowroot to absorb moisture.
KiteNest Lemon Shampoo Bar: Say hello to shiny and strong hair, without the plastics and toxins. KiteNest’s Lemon shampoo bar will protect your hair from root to tip with its unique blend of oils and butters. Loaded with plant magic, these solid bars combine the ultimate cleaning combo: May Chang, Cedarwood and Lemon. Together, it’ll make your hair zesty fresh, strong and revitalised. It smells utterly divine, too!
KiteNest Body Scrub: A beautifully light scrub that brings together fine and coarse Pink Himalayan salt crystals with a selection of nourishing oils to enrich your skin. KiteNest’s purifying Himalayan salt scrub gently exfoliates and hydrates leaving your skin soft, supple and radiant.
KiteNest Natural Hair Wax: A blend of invigorating lime with eucalyptus and tea tree oils to stimulate, strengthen and maintain healthy hair growth. Perfect for short hair to give definition and control.
How to Enter:
- Follow both Ethical Apothecary on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and do the same for KiteNest on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- Comment on our competition posts and tag a friend who you think will love plastic-free beauty products too.
- Facebook shares, ReTweets and Instagram story and grid shares all class as two extra entrees.
Terms and conditions:
- One winner will be chosen at random from all the entries across all three social media platforms.
- Entry into the competition is dependent upon following both Ethical Apothecary and KiteNest on one of our social media channels. Please also tag or retweet a friend in one of our competition posts on social media.
- The competition closes on Monday 21st October 2019. We will announce the winner on both Ethical Apothecary and Kitenest Facebook, Twitter and Instagram within 24 hours after competition closure.
- Your social media information will only be used for the purposes of drawing the competition. We will not store it.
- This competition is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.