Have you made time for any self-care yet this summer?
The summer holidays are a brilliant time for families – spending quality time together, creating happy memories, enjoying days out in the sunshine.
But at the same time, there’s an enormous amount of mental pressure – especially on mums – to make sure you’re spending enough quality time together, creating enough happy memories and enjoying enough days out in the sunshine!
As busy mums, we spend so much time looking after everybody else and making sure our kids, partners, family and friends are healthy and happy. So why don’t we do the same for ourselves?
This is why, at Ethical Apothecary, we believe it is so important to set aside space and make time for your own self-care.
The importance of self-care for mental wellness
The definition of self-care is: “The practice of taking an active role in protecting one’s own wellbeing and happiness, in particular during periods of stress.”
This can be anything from taking a relaxing bubble bath; to spending 30 minutes meditating with your favourite aromatherapy candle; to eating nutritious and detoxifying foods. Basically, any activity that you yourself carry out, purely for the benefit of you yourself.
Self-care is vital to our mental and physical health, but in times of stress or activity overload, it is often the first thing we sacrifice. Ironically, some mindful self-care is one thing that could help us focus and boost energy levels to be more productive.
Ideas for self-care
Self-care doesn’t have to cost you anything. It can be as simple as turning your phone off and sitting in uninterrupted silence for 10 minutes or heading for the hills to walk in the fresh air. Even spending an extra five minutes in the shower to let the water run over you while you just breathe can be beneficial.
Alternatively, treating yourself to some relaxing self-care products can also make your “me time” all the more enjoyable and luxuriant.
There are dozens of self-care products available in our store. Try heavenly fragrance and candles, nourishing bath and shower brands, delicious herbal teas to cleanse your body and your soul, or products to help you sleep well.
Our favourite self-care brands
All the products in the Ethical Apothecary store have been hand-picked by us to ensure they are from cruelty-free brands and promote clean beauty with an ethical ethos. We will only ever stock products with natural, botanically-sourced ingredients.
When it comes to self-care, some of our favourite brands include Prismologie, Mauli Rituals and Niche Tea.
The Prismologie range is inspired by the benefits of colour psychology. It includes natural mood-enhancing body care products in six vibrant hues. Gemstones, fragrances and scientifically-researched actives blend to reflect the effects of those colours on mood. Discover the whole range here.
Mauli Rituals uses the principles of Ayurvedic medicine to create all-natural skin, hair and body treatments that work in harmony. Developed more than 3,000 years ago in India, Ayurveda is one of the world’s oldest holistic healing systems. It focusses on the delicate balance that exists between mind, body and spirit. Discover the Mauli range here.
Niche Teas blend all-natural and ethically-sourced herbs that have been traditionally used for medicinal purposes. Each blend is formulated for specific concerns and comes beautifully packaged, ensuring every cup is a treat for both mind and body. Discover the blends here.
Make sure to check our offers page here to see all the promotions we currently have running on wellness products.
Win a bundle of amazing wellness goodies worth more than £93
We’ve put together a bundle of some of our favourite wellness products for one lucky winner to enjoy.
The prize includes a full-size product of each of the following:
- Mauli Rituals Sacred Union Scent and Dry Oil: A blend of argan, moringa coconut and watermelon seed in one nutrient-rich formula to protect and hydrate your skin and hair.
- Niche Body Wellness Tea: A delicious, natural blend of herbs traditionally used as an aid to weight management.
- Spritzwellness Purify Atmosphere Mist: A unique blend of five stimulating, antiseptic, antiviral and anti-fungal plants to naturally clear the air.
- Pana Chocolate Rose: 60% raw cacao with pure essential rose oil to elevate the mind and spirit and restore well-being and balance.
Terms and conditions:
- One winner will be chosen at random from all the entries across all three social media platforms.
- Entry into the competition is dependent upon signing up to receive our newsletter on the link above and following us on one of our three social media channels. Please also tag or retweet three of your friends in one of our competition posts on social media.
- The competition closes at 8pm on August 19, 2019. The winner will be announced on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram shortly afterwards.
- Your social media information will be used for the purposes of drawing the competition only. It will not be stored by us.
- This competition is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest news and offers including 10% off your first order.